Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh, Anne...

What a precious friend Anne is. Oh, how encouraged I was to read her last entry http://annejones.blogspot.com/2008/09/what-voice-are-you-listening-to.html I hope you visit it and read it for yourself. If we could only listen to the voice of truth. The song she referenced is one of my favorites.
It is late at night as I write this, 1:44 a.m. I just got finished feeding little Ellie. I can still hear her scooting around upstairs. Hopefully, soon she will fall asleep and have blissful dreams.
I guess I just want to lift up a prayer...a prayer for God to comfort me. For some reason today, leaving Abilene and the reality of that hit me like a ton of bricks. It is just so hard making friends. As I pulled out of the parking lot, several ladies waved at me...precious Mommies that have children going to Carlie's school. Women I have met over these last few weeks that have been so kind to include me in things...but as I pulled away...tears just welled up in my eyes, because I felt so alone.
All I wanted to do was go back to Abilene. Go back to my girlfriends they truly knew my heart and I didn't have to say a word and they knew when I needed a hug. I've just been so tired lately. I'm trying so hard to be intentional and call people...but most days I just want to come home and rest. Travis was so kind to remind that there was a time Abilene didn't feel like home and to anticipate all the wonderful things God will do here. I hope that is so.

6 comments:

Tammy M. said...

Abilene misses you and Travis! I am thankful for your blog, but it is not like a hug.
(((((((((Dot))))))))))

Anna said...

Awwww...girly, hang in there! You are such an awesome person, I know all of those ladies you have met there will turn into friends that can sense what you need & when, just like they did here. Taking on moving to a new place AND having a baby at the same time is no easy task! You are always in our prayers..and we miss you in class! Tell Travis the Hughes' said hello!

Erica said...

I remember those days...I still have them sometimes. Not very often but occasionally. You have such a wonderful outgoing personality and more importantly love for God so I know that He is watching out for you. This too shall pass. Sending hugs and comforting prayers your way:-) Love ya!

Highland MOPS said...

(((Hugs)))

Williams Family said...

Oh Dorothy! And we miss YOU! I think about ya alot and love to read your blog and see the sweet pics of your girls. You have such a precious family and you are such a good mama!

Unknown said...

I miss you, too friend. I have been thinking about you and wishing we could play since I am staying home now. Love you. I know God will put the right people in your path for you to bless and to bless you.