Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The St. Louis Zoo






I'm way behind on my blogging. Please, forgive me. I've had just a few things keeping me busy these last few weeks/days. LOL.


Oh, Ellie needs some extra love...I'll be back in a minute.


Anyway, two weeks ago we finally made it to the St. Louis Zoo. It truly was remarkable. When I was growing up, I once dreamed of working at a zoo and making it as much like their natural habitat as possible. This zoo truly does. Unfortunately, now with three small children...traveling through all the "natural habitat" to see a tortoise...is a little bit comical. (Yes, after walking a quarter of a mile we got to see the tortoises) It made me miss the Abilene Zoo where I could see the entire zoo in an hour and your child could be feeding the giraffes and you be at the lion exhibit...and still be able to see each other. Not quite the same at this zoo.

Fortunately, this zoo must be extremely fertile, because we got to see tiger cubs, a baby giraffe, a baby donkey...along with many other animals.


Here are some pictures.




No comments: