
"Then the time came when the risk it took...To remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."-- Anais Nia
Depending upon your state of mind, this quote could mean a lot of different things to you. For me, in this particular season of my life, I feel like it is encouraging me to be REAL with others, vulnerable...willing to show who I really am...being willing to take a risk and truly blossom.
pg. 12 "...In our heart of hearts, that place where we are most ourselves, we don't want to run away for very long."
Again, you could think of many things this quote could relate to, but for me...HOME is where I long to be. Of course, there are times when I can't wait to get away from the laundry and housework...but if I'm gone too long from my home and precious husband and children...my heart is eager to hurry and get back.
pg. 18 "Women don't fear a man's strength if he is a good man. In fact, passivity might make a man "safe", but it has done untold damage to women in the long run...example: Adam and Eve. His strength allows her feminine heart to flourish. His pursuit draws out her beauty. And a man in the presence of a real woman loves being a man. Her beauty arouses him to play the man. It draws out his strength. She inspires him to be a hero."
This is special to me because I think of my three precious girls. They are always wanting to "marry" Travis or calling him their prince. And rightly so...For in their eyes and mine, HE is our HERO. He is the one we look toward to keep us safe. He is the one who provides for us...the necessities and the comforts...our knight in shiny armor.
I learned an important lesson from watching my girls. As they would talk to him this way, it was almost as if, Travis rose to the occasion. He became what they dreamed of in a father.


No comments:
Post a Comment