I just wanted to post some really cute pictures from our visit to Chicago. My mother had already planned to fly out and drive with me this weekend to visit Marcella, my sister...before Hurricane Ike. So I was thankful Houston/Hobby Airport was up and running Friday night.
It was actually not too bad of a drive...from here, we drove 4 1/2 hours north to Hindsdale, Ill. (a suburb of Chicago). Carlie and Mollie loved seeing their cousins again, and of course Baby Ellie was the star attraction.
My sister has a beautiful home and is so talented. She really is amazing! Her and her husband, Jeff, have incredible taste...and did most of the contracting/designing themselves. The weather was absolutely perfect and the kids enjoyed playing together so much. My favorite part was eating outside in the evenings and just relaxing as we watched the children play. My prayer is that Marcella and I will become closer now that we live in O'Fallon, Illinois. It has always seemed so hard to get our families together before...the cost of plane tickets, crazy schedules, etc. We always did the family trip to Galveston, but our family missed it this year because of the move and having Ellie.


Carlie was fast and furious on Emma's scooter. Then I captured this cute shot of Mollie throwing me the ball. Below is a picture of Mammy with Ellie.
Ellie continues to be such a joy. She now coos more than ever and I love to see her smile.
She actually knows the sound the letter "A" makes. She is GIFTED. LOL Just ask her and she will say "Ahhh." Carlie and I taught her that trick.





3 comments:
Precious, fun memories!
What a beautiful house! Looks like a fun trip :)
Taking the train is a great way to get to chicago too! 23 bucks one way!!!
Post a Comment