I caught a precious moment on camera and wanted to share. The girls are finally letting Ellie into their club. At first they did not like Ellie requiring so much attention, but things are settling down and they are adjusting. Carlie and Mollie are taking turns loving on her, and she is enjoying their attention. See for yourself.
Two wonderful statements that girlfriends have told me lately...1. I raised my bestfriends. --Coming from a mom that has two grown daughters now. They truly are so close, and it makes my heart melt to think I could have that relationship with my "Trio" one day.
2. The best gift my mom gave me was my sister! --It starts now when they are little, encouraging an atomsphere of sisterhood and being each other's bestfriends. Carlie and Mollie are so close now. I can't wait to see what happens when Ellie gets a little bigger.
I know my last post was depressing. My heart does long for friends here...close friends. You know the kind you can be real with. The friend who isn't afraid to offend you when you do something wrong, because they just love you so much. Lord knows, I need the accountablility. But as a precious mentor emailed me...this season is precious and to enjoy it...friendships with other women will happen.
So for now, I'm going to love on my little "Trio" and build an environment where we are the best of friends. Though, the move to St. Louis has been hard. It really has brought our family so close. My marriage is stronger than ever before, and I'm finding that Jesus is filling in those gaps in my heart.


3 comments:
Whoo Hoo for Ellie! We've had some rough nights too and actually lay Kennedy down without the paci now, b/c that was the problem... we were having to get up and give it to her about 6 times a night. She cried some but now we lay her down and she goes right to sleep.
Hang in there... we all have those feelings when we move to a new town. It just takes time... that's why I decided to work 2 days a week when we moved here... I was very lonely being home 7 days a week by myself. Knowing you, you'll be back to being a social butterfly in now time!
So sweet! I enjoyed reading your entry. God's timing is perfect...rarely early, but never late. Love you all very much!
Yea Ellie!! Abilene misses you too!! We went to a WHS volleyball game last week and the kids wanted to go to your house when we left :(
Post a Comment