
Before the Storm...
As some of you know, my parents have been living in Galveston for the last several years. I was awake Friday night when Hurricane Ike hit...watching the Weather Channel safely in my home. My parents were thankfully 2 1/2 hours away in Madisonville, where I grew up, SAFE!! I'm so grateful they were able to evacuate
in time.
in time.It was so scary watching it...an estimated 4 million without electricity. All I could think about was the elderly and those with small children. Were they safe? Could they get what they needed. As of right now, we still don't know the damage my parent's house sustained. I've never been in a storm...no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no earthquakes...so I count myself extremely lucky. In some ways it is hard to relate to what happen, having never experienced it for myself. I do know this though...my parents, the people I love most in the world, will soon go back and pick up whatever remains...count their losses...and try to get things back to normal. I'm sure the brunt of the work will fall on my Dad, since he likes things to be in order and is so good at fixing things. So I dedicate this post to them.
You so often have been my Rock. When the waves of life come crashing in, I turn to you...to lean on...to gain strength and courage from...to know that whatever "THIS" is...it too shall pass. I honestly wouldn't know what to do without you. I love you both so much! I am so grateful you were able to evacuate and are safe. I wish so badly I could be there to help you get things back in order. I can't imagine how hard it is going to be to go back and see the damage. You both worked so hard to make it a home.
You made Galve
ston the coolest place in the world to the girls. There are so many wonderful memories we have made there with you and that we will cherish for a lifetime. So I'm posting some pictures from our past trips. I guess as a way to remember how special Galveston has become to us...and as a reminder that wonderful memories still remain to be had there.
ston the coolest place in the world to the girls. There are so many wonderful memories we have made there with you and that we will cherish for a lifetime. So I'm posting some pictures from our past trips. I guess as a way to remember how special Galveston has become to us...and as a reminder that wonderful memories still remain to be had there.With love,
Dorothy



No comments:
Post a Comment