As you know from the news, they strongly encouraged residents to NOT come back yet, but give organizations like the Red Cross time to restore, repair, etc. I wondered where they got these wonderful volunteers, until I received this email from a precious friend, Heather Langless, that attended my MOPS group in Abilene...now living in Wisconsin.
"I just wanted to email to let you all know that my mom and dad will be leaving for about 3 weeks to work with the Red Cross in Texas, they will be helping the victims of Hurricane IKE. Were all very proud of them and hope they grow from there experience, its hard to see them leave because we will miss them and the kids feel a little sad not see there grandparents for awhile, but we cant be selfish, others need them more at this time. Lester and I wish we could go but our children our too young and need us, someday we will be able to do those kinda things. We will take them to the airport on Saturday, please pray for there safety and health while gone and while working in conditions that our not real great. They have been busy getting ready to go, they only found out on Thursday about leaving, this is my moms first time working with the Red Cross on a mission, my dad has been apart of them for long time. She had lots of paper work to fill out to get ready to go. PRAYERS PLEASE!! thanks Heather and family
Again, Heather...it is people like you and your parents that make all the difference. Please, tell them how much we appreciate their efforts. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!


1 comment:
I am so glad they still have their home. I met a couple this weekend who had been living in a hotel since Ike. They lived on Crystal Beach and their home was now just a concrete slab. They were in their early 70's and literally did not know what they were going to do.
Post a Comment