Then I go to do my Beth Moore study (Esther), and boy did today's text hit me right on the forehead. Highlighted in purple is Beth's writing, "I sometimes want God to push hold (pause) on a story line and boldly state His opinion concerning what just happened." Wouldn't it have been nice if right after that youtube clip, I could hear God's commentary on it. God replies, "Now, Mrs. Rosen you know that isn't nice! or to Rick Warren...Don't sweat it man! They hated me, too." It would have been wonderful to hear God's words. Then I could reply, "Ditto, for me!" Then reading on, "God sometimes allows our confusion to coax us into further study of the entire Word. Only by measuring actions by other Scriptures can we clarify right and wrong in certain morally ambiguous narratives. That is the way God meant for the Bible to work. All Scripture is God-breathed, but different parts- such as the Law, the Prophets, Psalms, Proverbs, the Gospels, and the Epistles-have different primary purposes. Only together are they complete...God is so wholly secure in His own spotless integrity that He feels perfectly comfortable giving us an account of something without making Himself accountable to us. Man, that kind of stinks. You mean to tell me Beth that I've got to dig deep into the Word to figure out what is right? I know human nature has basically been the same for centuries, but can't God give us a press release when new issues come up...concerning global warming, terrorism, the economic crisis, the Aids epidemic, world poverty...?
But then again, if He did, we would not be just robots...programmed with pre-determined responses. I guess I better get busy girls reading my Bible, because I am ignorant in so many areas.


No comments:
Post a Comment