Several of my dear friends from Mother's Day Out decided to head up to Chicago the last weekend of May. It was wonderful!! We all piled into Kelly's Honda
Odyssey and headed to the Hyatt Regency in downtown Chicago. Cathy had gotten a killer deal on some really nice rooms, just two blocks from Michigan Ave. We couldn't have been more giddy as the car pulled away from the driveway.
The drive up there was 5 hours, but it went by so fast. I think having uninterrupted conversations was my favorite part. I relished being able to "really" listen to what my girlfriends were saying. I get easily distracted at play dates. I think the trip really helped everyone to get to know each other better.
The picture below doesn't give this scene justice. It was our last night in Chicago and we were on the 97th floor of the John Hancock building. The view was AMAZING! Millions and millions of lights...absolutely stunning. It was the first time I wished my girls and Travis were there with me during the trip. I would have loved to share this moment with them.


But they weren't... so the girls and I decided to have a few drinks and share a scrumptious dessert.

Here is the whole gang that went...including two friends of Jodi and Kristen. It was an "Authetic" Mexican food place...I'm from Texas..."authetic" mexican food doesn't quite describe it right. Cathy and I just laughed having actually been to Mexico and seen the real deal.

I love this one of Gloria and me. We were laughing because Jodi's friend mentioned how nasty catfish was...as if only white-trash ate it. She was from up north. Gloria, from Georgia, whispered, "Girl, I was raised on catfish." I seconded it...and added, "She must not have tried it with tarter sauce." It was a Southern thing. Gloria kept me laughing the entire time.

Friday night I ventured away to spend some quality time with my sister and niece and nephew, Dan and Emma. We visited the Field Museum which was extremely interesting and then walked along Lake Michigan. It was a gorgeous night. I love the Chicago skyline behind us.
1 comment:
I am glad you had a fun trip! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Post a Comment