So while I was in Chicago, Travis and Keith got together and put it up. The funniest part though, was afterwards they took our girls and Keith's two girls to McDonalds for lunch. It makes me smile thinking of Travis and Keith having their own play date.
The original lamp shades were dusty and old, so I decided to recover them. I had some left over fabric from the curtains I did by the sink. Taking the original lampshade covers and using that as my pattern...it was actually pretty easy. Then I added some fringe to make it more whimsical.
I thought the chandelier base was beautiful, even more so with the matching fabric lampshades. Now, I know I can always recover them when my decor changes.
I also found this great print at a garage sale for a $1. The original frame didn't give it justice. So I got Hobby Lobby to re matte it and re frame it. The frame is very similar to the chandelier base.I think what I love most about both of them is that they match my favorite dish pattern, Blue Italian by Spode. For Mother's Day, Travis splurged and bought me matching tea cups and enough other dishes to entertain up to 12 guest.
There is a great little Tea Room in Lebanon that my girlfriends and I enjoy going to. Now, I can bring the tea home and have my own little party. Honestly, I try not to become too attached to material things, because there is always that chance that the movers will break it. I do hope the chandelier, picture, and dishes make it to our "Dream Home" one day, though.
Whenever we do finally settle down, even if that is 20 years from now...I hope to surround myself with things that have a history...a story to tell. Some many wonderful memories in so many different places...Colorado Springs, Wichita Falls, Abilene, and now O'Fallon.



1 comment:
love them all three!
Post a Comment