Friday, June 19, 2009

VBS...Boomerang Express

Well, it is Friday and the last day of VBS. My girls are quietly sleeping upstairs...exhausted from a week full of wonderful activities and learning more about Jesus. I should join them, but I couldn't help but want to reflect on what God did.
This year's theme was Boomerang Express...It all comes back to Jesus! It was a great theme set in the Outback with kangaroos and a cool train that lead the children to teaching others about Jesus. I taught 1 of the 5 classes for 4 year olds. They had a total of 1,200 children registered. Each day was action packed. I loved my little class. We acted out the Bible stories and had so much fun. I think though everything really sunk in when I saw Carlie performing in the musical. I had practiced all the songs with my class each day, but the last song we taught them really touched me. There Carlie was singing, "I will pray in Jesus' name, and believe things will change." It still makes me choke up remembering her little voice saying those words.
Because the reality is that for years I have prayed that God would heal Travis' back and give me back my sweet husband who I fell in love with. And you know He has! For two months now, Travis has been off all his pain medicine, and the difference has been incredible. He is gaining weight and is laughing again, more energetic, more physically and emotionally tuned into me. It is wonderful! Of course, he still has pain, but what we once thought would make him bed ridden hasn't. What he once thought he couldn't live without (the pain medicine)...HE IS!
I guess I didn't realize what a toil being on pain medicine had taken. The side effects they warn you about, but that you don't pay attention to. Anyway, it makes me grow even more and more in love with Jesus when I realize that only because of my relationship with Him was there any hope that things would change. That one day the troubles that seemed so overwhelming so all encompassing would fade. "So I'm praisin' and I'm thankin' God for His son, Jesus...because He can do anything." Out of the mouths of children....PROFOUND!


6 comments:

ajphillips said...

Dorothy,
My understanding is that if you keep the files on an external hard drive or jump drive and then reload them on the computer after using the recovery disk, you should be okay. Most viruses affect the operating system and do not directly attack specific files. But I'm no expert!

ajphillips said...

I just commented earlier without even reading your post. That is such wonderful news about Travis. Jordan hurt his back last Summer after putting in our irrigation system and he's never been the same. Though he's not to the extent of Travis...at all...it still scares me to death. We'll keep praying for healing and praise God for answered prayers!

Angela said...

Where was this VBS?

Whitney said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allison Connor said...

That is GREAT news! I am so glad that Travis is finally feeling better! Praise God!!!

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to hear that about Travis and God's healing hands! Love you, Martha