Monday, May 25, 2009

Poolside at Rebecca's

Carlie's last day of school was Thursday, May 21st. I had been counting down the days until summer, and was so excited about ALL my girls being home once again. So right after school dismissed, we had our first of many adventures.
One of Carlie's precious friends, Caylin, recently moved into a beautiful home, complete with a salt water pool. So Rebecca, her mom, decided to have us all over. We ran home, grab our bathing suits, and headed over. It was so much fun, and the water felt great! I was hesitant about it being cold, but Rebecca had planned ahead and heated it. We weren't use to having to "heat" pools back in Texas. In some ways, it was bittersweet, because I knew all the wonderful memories Rebecca would be making this summer and for years to come. My mind wandered back to our home in Abilene, Texas and how Carlie had learned to swim in our pool. It seems like yesterday Whitney was encouraging her and Morgan to swim on their own, and they DID! Anytime I got hot, I knew I could just jump in the pool...no prior planning, no traveling...just JUMP IN!

These are the girls Carlie always would tell me about. The ones she would write about in her journal at school. "I luv Caylin. I luv Amanda."

As you know, Ellie has three teeth now. The fourth is breaking through. So she decided to snatch this pizza from Carlie and chew on it. She was so excited.

It looks like Mollie was a little excited to have pizza, too.

Ellie loved the water. She splashed and splashed. Mollie unfortunately was almost swimming independently last summer, but was scared to try this time. I enrolled her in swimming lessons at the YMCA to build up her confidence. It is hard having two precious little ones clinging to you in the water.

She loves the water so much. I'm sure she will get the hang of it. Carlie is going to swimming lessons, too...but to improve her stroke. Plus, she wants to go down the big slide on Base and has to swim the length of the pool to get to. Whoa...

1 comment:

Whitney said...

We're definitely going to miss you, your family, and your pool this summer too!