Saturday, April 25, 2009

Final days of April

Are you like me and wondering where did the month of April go? It is crazy to think how quickly time has passed. In so many ways, it feels like we just moved here, but it will be a year come the first of July. Crazier too, to think that we only have another year left here. Travis got a great recommendation from his boss, and it looks like we might be headed to Washington D.C. next.

If you know me, you know that I love nature. I love surrounding myself with beautiful things. Oh, not the things that cost money, far from it...but those things that remind me of God's provision...a certain unexpected joy when a tree blooms for the first time that spring or a sunset hits a flower in such a way to almost make it translucent. I felt it in Colorado Springs...not so much in Wichita Falls...then a lot with my yard in Abilene, and now more than ever in our neighborhood. I'm not exactly sure what kind of tree this is, but they line the street coming to our house. For about two weeks, they were a radiant pink, and I just happened to catch it on camera during our walk last night. If you look just beyond the blooms you can see a pond that the girls love to throw rocks into.

The trail goes all through our neighborhood. It was gorgeous last evening...a nice 75 degrees...and the girls and I decided to take a walk. Ellie absolutely loves this car...it has paid for itself many times over...having used it back when Carlie was Ellie's age. Then of course, Mollie is being a trickster, and sticking out her tongue. Oh, Carlie, too...if you can see the "bunny ears." Quite a silly crew we are.
I love this one of Mollie. I should post the one where she is swinging her head back, too. When I think of Mollie, this picture captures it. She takes life by the horns...holds nothing back. She loves with all her heart.

She is also...true to nature...loves to make a mess.

This picture captures Little Ellie. She loves any attention she can get, and has gotten quite good at smiling when I pull out the camera. Carlie hated touching the grass at Ellie's age. Of course, that was in Wichita Falls, Texas...where the grass was extremely dry and scratchy. Ellie loves it, though...a soft blanket here in O'Fallon, Illinois. Which reminds me. I've got to get a picture of the girls in the tulips. They are so popular here. I haven't seen any bluebonnets, but tons of tulips. Ellie had so much fun pulling up the blades of grass.
Funny story-- The other night Travis was watching the girls, and I asked him where Ellie was. I have to keep a closer eye on her now that she is crawling. Travis replied, "Oh, don't worry. Mollie is watching her." Now, knowing my sweet Mollie, she wasn't watching Little Ellie. Carlie, I have complete confidence in. Mollie not so much. So I go looking for Ellie. There is sweet Ellie, in the living room...Mollie is upstairs playing. Precious little Ellie is having a staring contest with our cat, Tiger. Their faces are within two inches of each other. Tiger seems relaxed, and Ellie is overjoyed to be so close to him. Unfortunately, she has a huge wade of his hair in the palm of her hand. You see, Ellie has discovered this truth...When unable to get to something, simply drag that something to you. In most cases, it has proven quite helpful...with blankets and such. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend dragging the household cat toward you. Tiger, the gentlemen he is, exercised patience with our precious little one.


1 comment:

Lanie said...

I love the pictures. That flower is beautiful. Crazy how time flies, isn't it? Tell Ellie to watch out for that Tiger!