The FIRST Easter Egg Hunt began last Thursday, April 2nd. Carlie was in school and Mollie was at Mother's Day Out...but Ellie got to hunt for eggs. It was wonderful getting to talk to my girlfriends from Fairview Heights Church of Christ. Ellie even took a long nap, and I enjoyed the brunch. I'm not quite sure what Ellie was grabbing at.
This is the awesome bounce house, several of us went in on back in October. The weather is finally nice enough to get it out and begin enjoying it. I can't wait to use it more this summer.
This photo is CLASSIC. Can you see all those eggs? The mommas did an amazing job spreading them out. This set of pictures is from the SECOND Easter Egg Hunt at the Walters today, Wednesday, April 7th. I invited several ladies from my OSC Playgroup (Officers Spouses' Club) to come over for a brunch and egg hunt. It was totally a God thing that the weather was nice, because we had snow on Monday, very cold on Tuesday, absolutely gorgeous today, and rain/sleet predicted for the rest of the week. Thank you, God!!! Oh, and Texas friends...Notice the green grass? Oh, yes...they have green grass here.

Look at all those kiddos!! Man, we have cute kids! LOL The children did such an awesome job of sharing. I was worried I might have invited too many, but all the kids did great. Between all the toys, air castle, sand box, riding cars...we kept them very entertained. Our backyard is perfect for big gatherings. I had forgotten how much I love to host parties. I use to do it so often in Abilene, especially with having the pool...but hadn't done much entertaining until now. Of course, my girlfriends are always so generous and bring a ton of delicious food. There might be a cookbook in the works. :)
Jenny, a dear friend, was kind enough to take this picture. So often I'm behind the camera. Thanks, Jenny.
Unlike me as a child, Mollie is fast. She had a ton of eggs at the end, and tossed a few back out for the little guys. She is more in it purely for the "hunt."





3 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. You ARE the hostess with the mostess!!! Happy Easter!!!
I love the pictures! That one of Ellie jumping ship is hilarious... she said, "I'm outta here" or "Hey, quick while no one is looking there's an egg!" You had a lot of kiddos, props for hosting a great event. Your hair looks awesome btw!! You're right, we need more pics of you on here. Mollie is looking so grown up! Can't wait to see you! I will try and call you tomorrow! Love to all!
Oh Dot, we miss you! I never have time to get on here, you/your blog makes me smile. I need to drop in more often. I, just talked to Cody and he wanted me to let you and Travis know that he will be in town Wednesday PM and Thursday AM. He misses you also... always asking if I've called to see how you are. I feel so guilty that I'm delinquent. Miss you! By the way, how do you do it with three babies??
Post a Comment