Practically speaking, it means uprooting yet again...after only two years in O'Fallon, Illinois to the Washington D.C. area. It means a long commute, a hectic schedule, and long hours for Trav. It means to me...stepping out in faith and home schooling our three precious girls. Amazingly enough, the D.C. area has many homeschoolers...a well-established network of friends and resources. It also offers many wonderful museums, historical spots, parks,...to where the mind can wander and grow. Ideally, Carlie will be a 4th grader by the time we leave, and perhaps I'll put her back in a regular school then...but for now, I'm going to take on the challenge of educating her one year at a time.
With our flexible schedule I will be game for whatever. So if you have in mind to come out and visit...Well, the more the merrier. We can drive up to New York City or Boston. You name it! You just tell me what you want to do and see.
I think perhaps the best part about finding out...is knowing that God was totally all over it. He is so good and nothing is impossible for Him. There is a peace in my heart just knowing I can trust Him with our future.
One of the best parts, too...is that the Pritzs with be there. You may have seen my post about Kevin and Katie...all 3 of our children were born within weeks of each other. We went to Branson together this pass summer. Well, this upcoming summer, they will be coming to D.C. too. I couldn't be more excited. Katie and I became dear friends almost 8 years ago when we lived down the street from each other. Her husband Kevin is one of Travis' best friends. They are one of the 3 couples that we have intentionally done something with every year since the Air Force separated us, and now...the Air Force is rejoining us again.
I'm just so thrilled! I almost can't believe it.


3 comments:
That is wonderful! I didn't realize you were homeschooling. :) Sounds like God has a plan in all this.
How exciting!! I am so glad that the Lord had this plan for you. Washington DC is such an amazing place!! How awesome that you will have some dear friends there to go through the transition with you. Praying many blessings on your precious family!
How fun Dorothy! Congrats to Travis and to you and your family! Homeschooling? You are brave, my friend! I have no doubt you'll be great at it though!
Post a Comment