



Well, I have to admit my weekend in Abilene was AMAZING!!! God was so good! I really got to spend at least sometime with many dear friends. Every moment I was there, I was catching up with someone I love and cherish...first, Robyn...then Becky H....then, my MOPS girlfriends at Tuscany's...then the carnival at ACU's Homecoming...the next morning, the parade (Oh, how I love Karin)...lunch with Megan (oh, how I love her)...my old neighbors...the ACU football game...WE WON!!...then Starbucks with Lori, Heather, Shana, Allison, Julie (some precious Bunko/Church girlfriends.) It truly was INCREDIBLE, and there were so many others that I had hoped to see and spend more time with. Unfortunately, I was only there for a total of 48 hours. The best part of all, though...was going back to Southern Hills. I had heard many things about their new service called "Refresh" and decided to go to both services that morning. I figured "Why not?" I can not describe in mere words how strong the Holy Spirit was working that morning in my heart and in the hearts of my brothers and sisters in Christ. You can see a portion of it from my friend's blog http://tammymarcelain.blogspot.com/2008/10/refreshcardboard-testimonies.html They did what they call "Cardboard Testimonies." Such a flood of emotions...to see Jack looking so good and Lindi and Mark. I just can't describe it. To know someone's struggles and then see their complete dependence on Christ was inspiring to say the least. They did a video about how x +n

I also wanted to post some pictures from our new church here in Illinois. They have a dynamic program for Carlie's age and up. This particular Sunday, Travis was selected to carry the Ark of the Covenant and Carlie played one of the spies that Rahab hide. We also are helping out with Bible Hour...hence, "Grandpa Jones" the old man puppet played by Travis. We do a puppet show where basically Grandpa Jones goes through the Bible explaining how it is God's love story to us...beginning with Creation. Then we interjected several songs to get the kids moving.



1 comment:
I didn't know ya'll were going to Starbucks... I would have gone! Sorry my weekend was so hectic and I didn't get to visit with you much. Football season is just a hard time for me to do much of anything b/c I'm by myself with the girls ALL THE TIME... time as a family is rare. I'm pretty intense at the games and especially THAT game being so close. I'm glad you got to come and see everyone and have some girl time. Maybe next time we can meet Ellie.
Post a Comment