Enjoy the pumpkin patch pictures from 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. 2008 will be coming out soon...featuring our newest Lil' Pumpkin, Ellie Grace. :)I was getting out some fall decorations and came across this. The first is a poem I love to print on card stock and pass out to either trick or treaters at my door or at the church's Trunk or Treat. The second is an activity I love to do after visiting a local pumpkin patch.
----
Pumpkins

Once a friend was asked what it was like to be a Christian. Halloween was coming soon, and she thought of how to explain it.
Here was her response:
“Well, God picks you from the patch and brings you in and washes all the dirt on the outside that you got from being around all the other pumpkins. Then He cuts off the top and rakes all the yucky stuff out from inside. He removes all those seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all to see. It is our choice to either stay outside and rot on the vine or come inside and be something new and bright.
Then you can add you own information here...such as
Fairview Heights Church of Christ desires to help place God’s light in your child’s heart. Come and experience it for yourself!
Sunday Worship beginning at 9:30 a.m.
9955 Bunkum Rd.
Fairview Heights, IL 62208
618-397-1659
-----
I have a story by Liz Curtis Higgs, called The Pumpkin Parable. GREAT for little ones! My favorite thing to do is have a play date with girlfriends and everyone bring a pumpkin. First we read the story, then I have cards with the "Pumpkin Prayer" already made up for each family. We read the cards as we carve our pumpkins. It is wonderful getting away from the idea of Halloween having to be scary and instead choosing to focus on God's love. It is always a BIG HIT with my girls. I also like to have pumpkin cookies or some kind of fall snack for everyone to enjoy.
"Pumpkin Prayer"{cut off top of pumpkin} Lord, open my mind so I can learn new things about you. {remove innards} Remove the things in my life that don’t please you. Forgive the wrong things I do and help me to forgive others.{cut open eyes} Open my eyes to see the beauty you’ve made in the world around me. {cut out nose} I’m sorry for the times I’ve turned my nose at the good food you provide.{cut out mouth} Let everything I say please You.{light the candle} Lord, help me show your light to others through the things I do. AmenBy: Liz Curtis Higgs
What are some of your fall traditions?



1 comment:
I love the poem...what a great idea!
Post a Comment