Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pictures of Ellie Grace Walters




ELLIE GRACE WALTERS arrived...AUGUST 3RD!!!


Sunday, August 3rd was a very exciting day in the Walters' family. It began lkke any normal Sunday morning. I awoke early to take a quick shower and get ready for church, and then soon after got the girls ready for church. You know the typical Sunday rush! "Girls, come put on your dresses!" Matching dresses of course, and bows to compliment. Then off to pack their goody bag for church, i.e. coloring books, snacks, juice boxes, etc.


I was feeling a little different...thinking perhaps my water broke, but not wanting to be disappointed again, I was determined to wait until I knew for sure that TODAY...was truly THE DAY!


We got in the car and headed to our new church, Fairview Heights Church of Christ. I even signed our neighborhood friends up for VBS...then I became nervous. I will spare you the details. :) We talked to a girlfriend, and Travis said, "Debbie, do mind watching the girls? Dorothy wants to go by the hospital and see if she is in labor." This all happened around 9:30. Off to the hospital we went.


Ellie Grace Walters arrived at, no kidding, 11:29 am, literally two hours after leaving church. Church wasn't even officially over, before she decided to come. Perhaps, she was hoping to make an alter call.


I know at 11ish I was sure praising Jesus...for surviving and getting to see an absolutely beautiful baby girl result from the intense pain of delivering her completely natural. Oh yes, they informed me, "Mrs. Walters...There is NO TIME for an epidural. You can do this!" To which I replied, "You have got to be kidding me. I didn't research this or read the book. No, this isn't happening this way."


Oh, but it did. In literally 15 minutes, my contractions caused me to go from being dilated to a 4/5 to an 8. Perhaps, what I will remember most is Ellie kicking me one last time in the ribs as I felt her head almost out. Interesting...


Enough of that drama, though. I know the real reason you are reading this entry is to see the precious pictures of our newest addition, Ellie Grace.




16 comments:

Williams Family said...

Oh Dorothy! What an amazing delivery! You are officially one of the very cool moms who have delivered all natural! I wanted to do that with Maeghyn but it just didn't work out. Now my babies are csections. dude! Awesome!! I love what you were saying about beingkicked one more time in the ribs. what a really cool experience. Painful yes. But unique and beautiful! Congrats!!

Williams Family said...

I need to get your new address!

ajphillips said...

I've been waiting to see her, after we got the email! She's precious, congrats!

Whitney said...

Well you look great! I looked awful after a day of laboring! I guess that's what happens when you have a baby in 2 hours.

Ellie is beautiful! I'm so glad you posted pictures. I hope you're able to get some rest! Is anyone there to help you?

Erica said...

Ellie is beautiful!! I cannot believe you missed the epidural...But you looked great for someone who just had a baby:) Many prayers and blessings are coming your way:)

Bret said...

Amazing niece #3...

Lanie tried a couple times to call you guys last night, but the line was busy... so maybe we can talk tonight.

Amazing "Ellie Grace"... How sweet the baby...

Uncle Bret

Robyn said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. You look amazing! How are the big sisters adjusting?

Glenna said...

Congratulations on another beautiful baby girl It will be fun I promise you. Three girls are "GREAT". She is a beautiful little girl and you look really good yourself. I have been watching for you to post pictures.
One again, congratulations.

Jeremy and Jenny said...

yay! we are so excited for you guys! congrats!
jenny and jeremy

Anne said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!

Leah said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful!!!

Margaret said...

Ellie Grace is beautiful. I love that I can keep "in touch" this way. You look amazing as well - especially to have just had a baby without an epidural! I am praying for all of you! Ellie Grace is David's first little cousin. I love you, Margaret

The Stevens Family said...

Oh, Ellie is soooooo beautiful!! Will try to call you guys later today! We love you and praise GOD for a safe delivery!

Lauren said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Ellie! Way to go on the delivery too. I also was in labor for a short time (I went from a 6 to complete in about twenty minutes) and was not able to get my epidural either. Talk about shock! But then after about five more minutes Reagan was born and I didn't care about anything else. I am proud now, but at the time very much upset about no drugs. How are your girls doing with the new addition?

Kristen said...

I graduated high school with Bret but also knew Travis. Congratulations on your baby girl! We are expecting our third in October. I've had short natural deliveries as well. Way to go!!

Piper and Leighton said...

Dorothy she's gorgeous! Im so excited for y'all! So she's officially the last?? Well there's no better note to end on then a beautiful baby girl, i guess. Lol. Mollie looks so grown up! She's thinned out a lot since i saw her last, she's officially a big girl now. I miss all of you tons! Best of wishes! Love ya!