Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Carlie!!!






My precious Carlie turned 5 today. I can hardly believe it! It seems like we were just bringing her home from the hospital. Oh, how she has blessed our lives! Carlie has such a tender heart, and in so many ways has been Jesus to me. She is so sensitive to when my heart is aching or I'm upset, and wants to comfort me. She also is so thoughtful to pray for Daddy's back to be healed often. It amazes me how mature she has become just over the summer. I have given her more and more responsibilities and she continues to exceed any expectations I have. She has been a wonderful big sister to both Mollie and now Ellie. It will be hard for us to have her gone during the day. I'm nervous that Mollie will miss her terribly while she is at school. They truly have become the best of friends.


We laugh because even from the tender age of two, Carlie has known exactly what kind of birthday party she wanted. She knew EXACTLY what kind of cake, the decorations, even the activities/entertainment to have. For her second birthday party she wanted a Hawaiian luau, then a Dora Adventure, then a Mermaid/Pirate party, and this year a Fairy/Princess Party. My mother always made my birthdays super special, so I have tried hard to make hers OVER THE TOP! It is funny though, her sister, Mollie, could care less.


This year we celebrated back in May, because she wanted her classmates and friends from Abilene to be able to attend. I knew August would be crazy with the new baby and the move so I agreed. Funny though, we have celebrated her birthday now three times...once in May, at my sister's house in Chicago (in July...combined party for her and Mollie), and then again tonight.


It really is special to be 5!!!





3 comments:

Whitney said...

Happy birthday, Carlie! Time does fly! Ellie looks precious. Sorry, I had to go so quickly yesterday. Call me if you want to finish talking!

Angela said...

I have only known you a couple of months and I am already amazed by you! You are totally fabulous! I am in awe of how you have it ALL together- mom of 3, talented in bow AND t-shirt making, making time to blog- the list just keeps growing. I was stunned when I saw you at McD's the other day and then Jana said you were at VBS Friday! You are a powerhouse, lady! I can't wait to get to know you better- you have such a sweet spirit and I so admire your relationship you have with our Lord. Hope you are doing well- been wanting to call, but I know all to well how it is with a new baby in the house! One of these days you are going to have to show me how to make those cute bows so I can make one for Allison while I am waiting (impatiently) for her to get some hair!

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday Carlie!!