Monday, March 16, 2009

Way too busy, but loving every minute of it!

I feel horrible I haven't blogged in forever. I have definitely become addicted to the convenience of using Facebook. I thought I would share a little bit of what has been going on lately.
The Lord has really been working on my heart, and I am beginning to really love it here. Friendships are growing so much deeper, and I have a handful of girlfriends that I enjoy spending time with. Much like in Abilene, my girlfriends are not all cookie cutter. I have about 5 groups that I love to spend time with: my OSC girlfriends (playgroups and Bunko), my FBA/Creation Corner girlfriends (playgroups and lunch dates), my MOPS group (playgroups , Mommie Outings, and fun meetings), my girlfriends in my Esther Bible study, and my church friends. Being intentional with each group can quickly fill up a calendar. Though, I wouldn't have it any other way. Each dear friend continues to touch my heart in a unique way. Some friends such as Cathy overlap in several groups, and that really helps to grow us closer. In fact, several of us are planning a trip to Chicago for a girls' weekend. I can't wait!!!
Also, it is finally warming up. I worked in the yard this last weekend, and it was wonderful. I have little tulips and daffodils popping up everywhere. Spring and Summer have always been my favorite seasons. We filled the sandbox and the girls had a blast playing with the children from our small group at church last night. I anticipate many wonderful memories this summer of friends coming over all the time. I have a funny picture I need to post. Mollie has figured out a way to hang on to Carlie's swing and make Carlie do all the work. It is hilarious.
Also, Travis is loving his new job. It is very challenging and right up his alley. He gets excited just talking about it. I think it has helped him not think of the back pain so much. Which is actually getting better. He is currently getting off all the pain medicine and we are excited not to have all the side effects connected with it. He is in some pain, but it isn't nearly as bad as what he thought it would be. So we are very thankful because of that.
Our church is extremely small, and lacks a lot of the resources we had grown accustomed to at Southern Hills. So I decide to do something about it, and get involved. I took on teaching Bible Hour...an alternative class for children ages 3-7 to attend during actual worship. It has been a huge blessing. God inspires me each week on what to teach the children and creative ways to do it. We have been averaging about 23 kids between the ages of 3-7 each week for a few months, but yesterday it bumped up to 30 kids. Thankfully, two weeks ago we moved into a larger room. We were meeting in a room that was 8 ft/8 ft...super small. Now, we are almost outgrowing this room. The children are doing so good, and learning more and more everyday. The best part is it has reunited a fire in my heart to know God's Word. To actually prepare the lesson, I dig really deep into the scriptures and try to understand how to explain it in a way they can understand...without watering it down. God has blessed it!
Also, say a prayer for me, as I have offered to give my testimony at the Tea and Testimony for our MOPS group. I pray it will encourage one mother out there. Gotta go...Ellie is teething and has me on a very short leash. LOL


2 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm not suprised at all that you have made so many friends so quickly and easily! How do you do that? What is your secret?

And... I returned your call and you haven't returned mine!!! What's up with that?! J/K! :)

Leah said...

I am sure T & T will go wonderfully! Prayers. :) Ours is March 30th.