Monday, February 16, 2009

Ice House, Gingerbread House, and Magic House

I wanted to share some of the fun things the girls and I have been doing together. It was just funny that this particular series of pictures all have to do with places that have "house" at the end. First, I have several pictures from the Magic "House" in St. Louis, MO. They recently added a new wing and I had been dying to check it out. Carlie being out of school for President's Day gave us the perfect opportunity. BTW-- if you come to visit us and bring the kiddos we can definitely go there. For 4 hours of AMAZING entertainment, the cost was only $12. Then next are some fun pictures of Aunt Niese and the girls decorating a gingerbread "house." Then last is our trip to the Ice "House" at the Gaylord Hotel in Nashville during Christmas break...so a little bit older.
First, the Magic House--
They have a whole "Waterworks" section. It is one of Mollie's favorite spots. They can splash, make rivers/waterfalls...and get especially wet in the process.
This is Carlie in a life-size bubble. I can't believe I was able to catch it on camera since the bubble popped shortly after.
This was my favorite part of the new wing at the Magic House...a CSI division. They let the kids crawl through air duct tunnels, use black lights, search out clues...so realistic. The magnifying glass cracked me up.

Here is Carlie pretending to be the President...perhaps one day. :) I can't describe how realistic this room was. On the left they had a courtroom and then on the right a room for the legislative branch. SO COOL!

This was taken in their "Once Upon a Time" exhibit. Here Carlie and Mollie are pretending to be cobblers. It was so fun. You could really pound on the nails in the shoes.

Here is Ellie at the Magic House...completely clueless, but loving every minute of it. She didn't sleep a wink...way too much excitement around.

This was super cool. I know I keep saying that. Anyway, you dropped the ball at the top and as it rolled down it played beautiful music. I bet they did that a thousand times.


This was a neat exhibit. Each letter in the alphabet had a small toy representing the letter. You may can see the red "W"agon.

This is the GINGERBREAD HOUSE WORKSHOP at Grandma and Grandpa Walters' house. I love seeing how much Carlie is concentrating on putting the candy in just the right spot.

This was a fun day at the church where we made gingerbread houses.


Here we are at the ICE HOUSE at the Gaylord Hotel in Nashville. This is Mollie before she got really COLD, and wanted out of there. ;)

The beauty of Christ's birth captured in ice!

Aunt Lanie chases Carlie in Whoville

So there you have it.


1 comment:

Lanie said...

The Magic House looks like so much fun. I would have totally loved that as a kid, but probably now too! I need to get our other Grinch on Ice pics from Lib. All very fun "houses."