Monday, February 16, 2009

Basking in the Sun...

It was so fun. One of my dear friends from Abilene moved around the time we did to Kingwood, TX (close to Houston). So when I knew we were coming back to the area to visit grandparents, I called Karen to see if we could meet up and see each other's new additions: Ellie and Phoebe. She mentioned going to this place called Lupe's Tortilla Factory (?). Anyway, at first I was like...just Little Tike toys for a playground. Then I saw the sand, and thought "Oh, that is cool." Anyway, it turned out to BE REALLY COOL. My girls literally played in that sand for two hours, while I enjoyed a beautiful day eating amazing Mexican food and enjoying sweet fellowship with my mom and dear friend, Karen. I so wish we had the weather and restaurant here. I could so enjoy a strawberry margaritas and watch the girls play until their hearts were content...at least once a week. Of course, if you go...bring an extra pair of clothes. They were so dirty afterwards.

One day while we were in Galveston, it was especially beautiful. Ellie woke up early from her afternoon nap, and I had already been on the porch studying my Esther study. So I just brought her out with me. She had so much fun playing on the blanket with her toys. Isn't she a doll?


Here is Mollie joining us later. She thought Ellie needed a duckie.
Man, do I love the weather in Texas. I would take a 107 degree day in Wichita Falls vs. the cold days here. This summer my resolution is not to stay indoors at all. You will finding me hitting the parks and the pool everyday, all day.




3 comments:

Lanie said...

I am excited about the summer time too. I cannot believe how much Ellie has grown! She is such a doll. Love you all!

Leah said...

They are SO beautiful

Williams Family said...

I was thinking about you yesterday! I thought I would read your blog to see how things were going. Your girls are so cute! :) I miss you and hope things are well. Sounds like they are!