Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm connected to The Network!


Yes, I'm now connected to "The Network"...Verizon Wireless. Santa (aka Travis) thought I finally needed a cell phone. So if you have Verizon...tell me ASAP, because we can talk all the time for FREE. My other precious friends will have to use my anytime minutes or wait till I get home.
It was funny. The service guy was totally shocked I had never had a cell phone before.
Travis said I had to read the owner's manual cover to cover, but I'm hoping to get my super tech savvy sister-in-law, Lanie, to help me get some cool ringtones, plug in my numbers, etc. during the Christmas break.
Speaking of precious girlfriends, here is the 2008 Christmas Bunko picture I missed with some dear friends back in Abilene. Lori and I began this group almost 4 years ago, and I attended the last 3 Christmas ones. So it made me sad not to be there this year, but so happy to see such a precious time continuing.
You know it is things like starting a Bunko group, a Bible study with dear friends, joining Facebook...that keep us connected...keep us part of a community...interlinked, leaning on each other. Now, in O'Fallon I'm so thankful that I try to always be inclusive vs. exclusive...because their comes a time when we are all "The New Kid" and being invited to something really means a lot. So if you have a Christmas party coming up or an ornament exchange...think of someone that is new and invite her. It can truly make a huge difference. We all want to be pursued, captivating to someone. I know I've appreciate all the sweet gestures, kind words that have come my way.


3 comments:

Leah said...

WOW I fainted! Dorothy has a cell phone!!! :) YEAH!!! Now can you text yet?

Lanie said...

I'm in THE NETWORK! So now we can talk all the time. I need to meet that crazy sister-in-law you speak of, sounds like a nut. :)
You are an amazing friend, sister-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother, wife, child of God, and more. Can't wait to see you soon!! Love you!

The Pooles said...

Are you on facebook, if so find me.